Friday, May 05, 2006

Katrina Redux

But I digress. It was a beautiful, clear day. The kind that didn't make me mind driving downtown, enjoying the sunroof and CD player. As I came off of 26, through the tunnel and up onto the bridge where I-5 and 405 split (going the 405 way), I was greeted with a spectacular view. Mt. Hood was perfectly clear to my right, downtown over the river to my left, and Mt. St. Helens completely visible in front of me. I tried to take a picture with my phone, but anyone who's tried to do that while driving knows how futile it is. So, instead, I shifted and took the curve down the bridge at 70. I think everyone can agree that is an equally satisfying thing to do with a view. Tonight has been equally as pleasant. It's that perfect summer weather where you just want to stay out and walk around. Not hot and annoying, not cold. But, since I need the exercise, Ultimate was the name of the game - also a good way to spend a mild Oregon evening. All that to say today was a beautiful day and I hope we have many more like it.

No comments: