Friday, May 05, 2006

Hello, Summer

Today was the kind of day that makes you happy to live in Oregon. Waking up with the sun piercing through my blinds and the sounds of birds lofting on branches outside my window. Actually, that sound is the sound of the obsessive landscaping crew. They're outside my window every other day mowing or cutting or something loud and mechanical at 7am. Honestly, I don't know what they're doing out there. The grass can't possibly grow that fast.
But I digress. It was a beautiful, clear day. The kind that didn't make me mind driving downtown, enjoying the sunroof and CD player. As I came off of 26, through the tunnel and up onto the bridge where I-5 and 405 split (going the 405 way), I was greeted with a spectacular view. Mt. Hood was perfectly clear to my right, downtown over the river to my left, and Mt. St. Helens completely visible in front of me. I tried to take a picture with my phone, but anyone who's tried to do that while driving knows how futile it is. So, instead, I shifted and took the curve down the bridge at 70. I think everyone can agree that is an equally satisfying thing to do with a view. Tonight has been equally as pleasant. It's that perfect summer weather where you just want to stay out and walk around. Not hot and annoying, not cold. But, since I need the exercise, Ultimate was the name of the game - also a good way to spend a mild Oregon evening. All that to say today was a beautiful day and I hope we have many more like it.

No comments: