Sunday, September 25, 2005

Politicking

This is going to be pretty short because I need some sleep. Today hasn’t exactly been the best day. I’ve had to deal with a lot of political messes, which really shouldn’t exist down here. No matter how many times I try to tell some people that I’m just down here to help people, someone always wants to start a fight about something. There’s a couple different groups down in this area, and I’ve been working as hard as I can to meet and coordinate with each one of them. We’re all after the same thing, and through effective coordination our efforts can be worth so much more than they can alone. Unfortunately, many people down here have very political motivations. They want to see this group succeed or that technology be used. I honestly don’t care about any of that. But because I’m here working as part of one of the groups, all sorts of things get inferred on me. And because of my leadership role, I take a lot of crap. It’s just killing me. I spent pretty much all day responding to emails accusing me of this or that. Not working with so and so - when I haven’t even talked to so and so. It’s just unreal. I had to spend almost an entire day just trying to convince some incredibly angry people that the information and stories they were hearing about us are wrong. I’m at a loss for what’s going on here. For some reason people at various levels of these respective organizations keep starting stuff and picking fights. Then I have people yelling at me from all sides. KNOCK IT OFF, PEOPLE! We’re all here for the same reason. Quit being petty and let’s get back to work. Sorry for making this such a negative post, but I’m really just mad, worn out, and frustrated that so many people are working so hard to sabotage our progress for the sake of their stupid organizations and/or ideologies.
Grow up.

- Matt (currently in: a bad mood)

No comments: