Thursday, September 08, 2005

Hello World!

Welcome! I plan on keeping all the details of my Katrina Relief deployment here so all my friends, family, and total strangers can have a better idea of what’s going on down there. Like the Interdictor, just not quite as cool. Sorry. It looks like my first stop will be the Red Cross camp at Kelly Air Force Base in San Antonio, TX where 20,000-odd refugees are currently stashed. The mission is to establish Internet connectivity, VoIP telephone service, and computing stations for the refugees to contact loved ones, file paperwork, and basically try to get their lives back together. You can read more about me and the mission under the "About" section above. This is all happening so quickly that I haven’t had time to complete the site quite yet, so check back later. Thanks in advance for your support!

- Matt (currently in: Corvallis, OR)

No comments: