Sunday, April 30, 2006

Mmmmm, Clean(er)

Friday was a wonderful day. I finally got paid (the whole once a month thing really gets old), which meant I immediately spent half of it on bills, food, and other things I have been waiting to buy. Top of my list was a Brita water filter.
Now, I know the kind of job these things do cleaning water isn't exactly the best. But it beats tap water. See, I was raised on clean water. We had one of those fancy under-the-sink monsters (which I'm pretty sure flooded the hardwood floored kitchen once. FYI, there's a pressure regulation valve on those things you need to adjust. unless you want to to blow itself open in an impressive display of geyser-ness. or hire a plumber.) which produced some of the best-non-tasting water. People in Oregon say we have good water, and compared to a lot of other places, that's true. But I can still taste it! And while my shiny new Brita is a far cry from those fancy filtration systems, it's also a fraction of the price. And it makes the water good enough for me to drink - something I need more of. So the next time you come over (hint hint), I'll be pleased to offer you some of my water.

No comments: