Friday, April 21, 2006

Hello World!

Hey Everyone- I'm finally back! It's been over two years since I regularly blogged about anything, and I think it's about time for me to get back into it. Not that there's a ton of interesting things going on in my life.....it's just a much more efficient means of imposing my views on a larger audience. Let's face it: it's a lot of work staying in touch with people, and I'm lazy. So welcome. And by means of introduction, here's what this site is about: God, life, work, music and pretty much anything else I find interesting and/or funny. Oh, and I'm sure there will be nerd stuff from time to time, so be forewarned.

You'll notice I have the question "how did I end up here?" posed at the top of the page. I that pretty much sums of most of my thoughts on life for the last couple of years. When I look back over where I've been - and where I was planning on going - I see God's hand time and time again steering me in directions I would have never imagined. I've learned that my plans for life, in reality, mean very little. Which is ok, because in retrospect, my plans would have been a lot less exciting and fulfilling. I'm not entirely sure how I've gotten to the place I'm at now, and I sure don't know where I'm going. But I've also learned to love the mystery and excitement of being open for....whatever. God's will reminds me of the now overused scene from C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe where Lucy and the beaver are talking of Aslan. Is it safe? No, but it's good.

So thanks for stopping by and taking an interest in my journey. Feel free to come back as often as you like (if you're really obsessive, there's some RSS available to the right) and see what's going on. Leave some comments and let me know you were here, what you dis/like, think, or if you just want to start a fight.

No comments: